Thursday, January 3, 2013

Autumn Oat Favourites

I made these a long time ago, but I am finally getting my act together in the new year and getting things up on this blog!

I took all these pictures on my phone, so they are not the best quality. 


These were a basic oat cookie with coconut flakes. I got both the coconut and the oats at the hippie health store down the street from me. Hooray for bulk bins!


I substituted half the butter for coconut oil since I had some, and I figured the more coconut the better. Also, where are Redwall creatures getting all this coconut? They must trade for it overseas.
The dough is made on the stovetop by melting the butter and adding sugar, corn syrup, flour, and the other ingredients. Then it's cooled and shaped into balls which are cooked in the oven.


They spread out a lot! I wonder if it was the coconut oil, or the fact that the pan I was using sucks. 


 I pried them off the pan and they were quite good! Very thin and crispy. Only slightly burnt.


I gave some to Santa Craig when he came later that night to delivery our Christmas tree. 



No comments:

Post a Comment